Friday, May 13, 2011

Thank you, thank you very much

It's 11 pm here in London and I leave in the morning back to the US of A. I have extremely mixed feelings about this, but all in all I'm excited to see my friends and family again. I can't even express the quality of the experience I've had in England and beyond, I feel so lucky and so blessed to have had the opportunity to come here to see the amazing things I've seen and to have met all the wonderful people that I have. Speaking of meeting wonderful people, it just wouldn't have been Kyra's luck if she hadn't met a boy she had to say goodbye to forever, now would it? These things are true, I met a lovely English bloke and he helped make the last few weeks I had here all the more wonderful. I'll never forget him and his interesting friends so I'd like to thank them for taking the American girls under their wing for a few weeks and showing Paula and I how wonderful and hilarious English people can be! It wouldn't have been quite the experience it has been without them. So while I saying thanks I mind as well thank everyone that got me here too. If you're reading this, I guarantee you helped me take this step to go on this adventure. I'd like to thank everyone that encouraged me and supported me, your blessing means the world to me. And I'd also like to thank the other lot. The one's that broke my heart or did me wrong and made me want to get away and surround myself with some new people for a while. So in a weird way thank you for taking me down to my knees, because the journey to being able to stand on my feet again has been the highlight of my life so far.

I'd also like to thank my host family. Wow. How a group of such wonderful people got stuck with a kid like me is beyond me! All I can say is I hope they've enjoyed having me as much as I've enjoyed sharing a home with them. My host mum Jan is a complete angel and made me feel so comfortable and safe the whole time I was here. Truly like a second mum she took Paula and I to go do things, she always made sure we had full tummies, and she genuinely enjoyed talking with us and learning about us. It really couldn't have been any better. And Jan's family... what a beautiful one it is. To her daughter Kate and her son Michael, daughter in law Michelle and their children Bethan and Nathan- thank you all for being hilarious, for laughing at my jokes, and for wanting to get to know me. Spending the last of our time tonight quizzing on Cockney rhyme words and making music videos was the best going away night I could've asked for. Bethan (age 12) and Nathan (age 7) are going to grow up to be FANTASTIC people, I wish I could follow them through that journey. I've gotten really close to the kids in the last few weeks and I'm truly sad to have to leave them. I just hope I've made a small lasting effect on these people, my goal was to never let them forget me!! And if all else fails, I created a personalized Mii on Jan's Wii... so I'll always kinda be around and they shan't EVER forget me even if they want to! muaha!

And I'd definitely like to thank my European roomie/travel companion Paula McFadden! We have been through SO much these last few months and the least I can say is... we survived :) Paula you are such a kind, wonderful person with a heart the size of Texas! I'm really sorry the whole trip hadn't quite worked out the way it could have, but I think we can both say we learned small lessons and became better people out of the tough situations. I can't even begin to recall all the adventures we've had and all the places we've been together, too many good stories!! But I can't wait to be able to look back on this trip again with you someday and laugh about the good times. Oh, and thanks for mapping out my every footstep both in and out of London. If it weren't for you I'd be in Guam right now without any shoes going door to door asking for raisins and a plane back to the Kingdom of Eastcote! I cheese you to the MAX my dear Polla, thanks for everything.

I've had so many awesome adventures and seen things I never even DREAMED of seeing. It's amazing what you can do in life if you just set your mind to it. I recommend traveling to anyone who has ever thought about it. It'll change you, for the better.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my blogs. I'm sad to say I didn't get to post everything I wanted before my leave, simply because finals week was, let's be real here, a b****. So I will end on a note saying that this might be my last post. Jeez it seems like just yesterday I was in SeaTac mapping out all the people to avoid on the plane, and now here I am hours away from heading to the airport and continuing my life in the states. But hey, if you're interested let me know! I definitely have more to write about and if I think people might be wanting to read more then I would take pleasure in recounting some of my other adventures. Thanks again for reading, I'm so glad I did this blog. I'll be in the homeland soon and I can't wait to see each and every one of you.

<3KYRA:)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you! And so completely impressed and amazed by all that you have experienced. You're truly an inspiration to so many!

    ReplyDelete